Why Strengths Coaching?
Because the productivity of most organizations falls far short of what is possible. Many people are time poor and suffering unnecessary stress in their work. Many managers are under pressure to produce results without the deeper cause of the the blockages and then how to create the conditions where their workers are inspired and able to contribute more.
What we do
- We teach people to appreciate their natural talents and how to develop them into strengths.
- We facilitate a culture of trust so people of diverse talent can collaborate and delegate the responsibilities that would call on talent that they are weak in.
- We run workshops and coach people in groups and individually.
People become excited in their work. They become highly engaged, deliberate, willing to adapt and accept new responsibilities. Synergy increases. Absenteeism decreases. The organization becomes attractive to better candidates for new positions.
We focus on a person’s strengths and help them manage their weaknesses in collaboration with fellow team members. As opposed to the conventional approach, which encourages people to hide their weaknesses believing they have to discharge all the responsibilities listed on their job description to be of value.
- In facilitating collaboration so people of diverse talent can compliment each other.
- The results of a person’s effort cannot be sustainably changed without a change mindset.
- That if we create the space for people to acquire beliefs that better serve them, change becomes effortless and energizing.
Who do we work with
Primarily leaders and managers. Our daily work is with people who become curious about building their strengths.
The People Behind Strengths NZ
Donald Jessep CPF
For the past 16 years Donald has facilitated personal effectiveness and collaboration in the workplace. He creates positive ‘space’ with frameworks like StrengthsFinder®. He then applies clearly defined processes like those laid out in the core competencies of the IAF to help people become aligned and highly productive.
Donald is a professional facilitator, a member of the International Association of Facilitators (IAF), a Gallup certified Strengths Coach, an author “Achieving More Doing Less”, “Samual at the Fair” and numerous audio essays.
He started his working career as an intensive sheep farmer in Canterbury. He then owned two businesses in Auckland over 15 years, before becoming a facilitator in 2000.
Most notable work over the past few years
See the video testimonials by scrolling down the home page
- Lead facilitator for the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. A three-day consultation involving more than 200 people from all sectors of 17 Pacific countries. The outcome was village folk being ‘heard’ by NGO executives and government officials. The issue we were charged with addressing was a mismatch between the UN systems-culture and the relationship culture of Pacific people.
- Ash Air in the wake of an acquisition by Swedish giant Atlas Copco. A two-day retreat to introduce the new Chief Executive and begin aligning 17 independent-thinking, pragmatic branch managers to the structured decision making of a multi national.
- Auckland Council Waste Minimisation, supporting the Manager and Senior Leadership of a team of 18 people. A 6-month project that demanded leadership coaching, meeting facilitation and whole group facilitation to build trust and capability in advocacy.
- North Harbour Ford and Mazda. Working with the sales team over 13 weeks. At a time of flat motor vehicle sales we achieved 110% and 135% of the manufacturers targets in the last month.
- Helping a highly successful international entrepreneur build a local community. Paul and Alison own Scarecrow, an Urban Restaurant, Grocer and Florist. Up until the last year Paul’s work for over 30 years, has been to facilitate global relationships in the medical appliance field. Alison’s work has been as a supporter and volunteer for in community groups, where-ever they have lived around the world. They had chosen to settle in NZ and wanted to create a special place for people to meet and buy their groceries in central Auckland. My work has been in support of the required change in mindset. A huge privilege.
Donald is a practical person. His highest priority is relevance. His principal talent is facilitating productive conversations.
If you want better results from your team, with less stress, Donald can help.
Jack Tolley is a StrengthsFinder® coach and facilitator. He works alongside Donald to deliver Strengths-focused workshops and coaching experiences. Jack works with groups in commercial and community settings to shift mindsets towards creativity and playfulness. Using his experience in leading national youth organization Generation Zero, Jack creates spaces for honesty, vulnerability and clarity to emerge in a group.
With Jack’s Strengths-based approach to Leadership development you develop a new level of trust amongst your team that allows you all to face challenges with adaptability and efficiency.
Jack also leads Business Development for Strengths NZ. He can be reached directly at 021 070 1181 or email@example.com.